With the recent update, we made many changes to the Conversations menu UI to make your customer team’s life easier. Let’s see what has changed!
- Help: Link to this user guide.
- Select: When toggled, you can select multiple conversations and mass-edit.
- Download: Download the conversation logs. Filters will apply. Please note that we only support downloading conversation data up to 90 days from current date. If there is no date range selected, conversation data 90 days from current date will show up by default.
- Search & Filter: Look for the conversation you want using keyword search or filtering. Click the filter icon to open up the filter popup.
- Conversation Card: Summary of a conversation which includes the name of the user, most recent message and the time, status, etc.
- User’s messages are on the left side of the conversation pane.
- Chatbot or agent’s messages are on the right side of the conversation pane.
- Start Conversation Button: An agent can click to begin a human conversation when the conversation is assigned to the agent. Once the button’s clicked, an input field will appear. You can also attach files to upload to the conversation from the input field.
- General Info: You can see and change the conversation’s status under this tab. Please see #10 to #13 below for more details.
- Answer Suggestions: Agents can get help from Alli’s AI to answer questions from customers, or use saved messages under this tab. Click the links to see more details.
- Variables: In this tab, you can view and modify variables (both conversation variables and user variables) related to the current conversation and the target user.
- User Name & View profile: Click the three-dot icon next to the name and the avatar image of your customer, and check profile information of the customer, including ID, email, and other information stored in variables.
- Conversation details: The name of the Skill that the conversation is started with, and completed by / completed on info if the conversation is a completed one.
- Assigned agent: Agent that’s assigned to this conversation. Admin or Super Admin can click on this and change the assignee.
- Status: Status of a conversation which can include In Progress, On Hold and Completed. Agents can update a status manually or Alli changes the status accordingly by events. For example, if an agent send a message while the status is On Hold, it’s changed to In Progress.
- Memo: Any agents can click the Edit button and add a memo to any conversation. Images, links, video links are available too.
View Customer Analytics
Alli allows customer-specific analytics to be viewed. Click the three-dot icon next to the name and the avatar image of your customer to view profile as described above (No. 12). Click the “Customer Analytics” tab.
Update Multiple Conversations
You can select and update multiple conversations at once. To start, click the checkbox icon to activate the checkboxes and select conversations to update, then select action. Once you’re done updating the conversations, click the icon again to deactivate checkboxes.
To deal with multiple conversations at once, you can now separate out conversations from the main window as popups by clicking the icon.
You can click on the menu icon to expand the popup to see the customer information panel.
Filtering and Sorting
There are more ways to filter and sort the conversation list on the fresh new UI.
Click the filter icon to open or close the filter/sort popup. Selected filters will be displayed under the conversation list search bar.
- Filter by conversation state. You can see the new ‘On hold’ status, which is also added with this update (we’ll get there later).
- Filter by customer name. You can select multiple customers.
- Filter by assigned Agent. You can choose multiple agents, and there’s a separate ‘Unassigned or Assigned to me’ option.
- Filter by conversation source. You can choose to see only preview conversations (conversations created via Skill preview) or conversations from actual customers.
- Sort by last chat time.
- Filter by date and time range. The date and time are when the conversation has begun.
To use this feature, click on the Status button on the right side’s customer information panel. You can choose one the status from:
- In Progress: Conversations will automatically be marked ‘in progress’ when a chat begins or resumes.
- On Hold: Use this status to pause a conversation.
- Completed: Use this status when you have finished a conversation.
Once you choose the status, you can see the status of the conversation on the conversation list on the left side. You can use the new filter feature to filter out the ‘On hold’ tickets to take care of them later. ‘On hold’ status is changed to ‘In progress’ automatically when an agent sends a message in the conversation.
A small but powerful feature: now customers and Agents can see this typing indicator animation when the other one is typing.
Saving Messages as a Draft
If the agent leaves for another conversation/menu during the creation of the message, the message will be saved temporarily as a draft. This message persists for the duration of the browser session.
List UI Renewal
We also updated the conversation list UI to make it more compact to have more information on each conversation. For example, now it has the timestamp of the last chat under the customer name.
I hope you like the changes we made. Whenever you have any suggestions to improve your experience with Alli, just let us know. We are always here to help!